PCI's certification programs support the entire powder coating marketplace and improve the quality of powder coating finishes available. Whether your interest is to apply coatings on steel, aluminum, heat sensitive substrates or a functional application, the PCI Certification program is for you.
PCI 3000 Certification, developed for custom coaters, and PCI 4000 Certification, developed for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), is an extensive audit program that evaluates business practices, process elements, equipment, capabilities, employee competencies and quality control capabilities of a coater in order to produce a high quality powder coated product with a high degree of customer satisfaction. There are twelve elements in all.
The certified coater will benefit in the following ways:
- Utilize the expertise of the PCI certification process to evaluate and create a methodology to continually improve and enhance their powder coating business.
- Certified coaters can utilize the PCI certified logo and benefit from the high standards this brings to elevate the image of the certified company.
- A certified coater will differentiate themselves from all other coaters and gain access to business opportunities requiring PCI certified applicators.
- Certified coaters are highlighted on the PCI website and Powder Coated Tough issues.
There are a number of PCI certification standards that certify for the use of powder coating on:
- Aluminum surfaces (PCI 3000 A)
- Steel surfaces (PCI 3000 S)
- Heat sensitive substrates (PCI 3000 H)
- Functional application (PCI 3000 F)
To inquire about becoming certified, please fill in your information below and a PCI representative will contact you shortly.