Scholarship Applications now Being Accepted by The Powder Coating Institute
Thursday, January 18, 2018
The Powder Coating Institute (PCI) is accepting applications for its 2018 PCI Scholarship Program. Designed to award students studying in areas that advance powder coating technologies, the Program includes the PCI General Scholarship, and two corporate member-sponsored scholarships: PCI/Gema Scholarship and the PCI/Nordson Builds Scholarship. Other sponsored scholarships may be included.
To qualify, a candidate must:
- be enrolled in chemistry, polymer science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, corrosion engineering, manufacturing technologies or similar technical disciplines. The area of study must be in a technology area useful for a career in the powder coating industry.
- be enrolled in an accredited two- or four-year technical school, four-year university, or graduate program that offers degrees that can service the powder coating industry.
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, Canada or Mexico.
- maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- complete a PCI Scholarship application and attach the following required documents with the application by the deadline.
- Completed application
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member or advisor
Special consideration will be given to applicants that demonstrate an interest or previous experience in powder coatings.
Candidates must complete the online application and supporting documents by April 1, 2018. Interested applicants should go to www.powdercoating.org/scholarship to submit the required information. Scholarship winners will be notified in May and will be asked to provide one brief follow-up summary of educational experiences during the course of the 2018-19 academic year.
The PCI Scholarship Subcommittee reviews the applications and awards scholarships based on the following set of criteria, established and approved by the PCI Board of Directors:
- Specific studies and projects related to powder coatings:
- Future goals & career objectives
- Unique qualifications/goals/aspirations
- Letter of recommendation
- Grade Point Average
Gema USA and Nordson Corporation employees will be a part of the selection process for each of their respective scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded in advance of PCI’s Annual Meeting in June.
“PCI is dedicated to supporting future generations that will become the industry’s workforce,” says PCI Executive Director Trena Benson. “The PCI Board of Directors and our membership is committed to improving the quality and continued growth of the powder coating industry through our Scholarship program.”
To see previous scholarship award winners and learn more about the program, visit our website: http://www.powdercoating.org/?page=Scholarship