The Powder Coating 101 - Basic Essentials with Lab educational workshop is an introduction to powder coating that focuses on materials, application, reclamation, testing and evaluation, quality control, the manufacturing process, and much more. You will gain knowledge of powder coatings and the powder coating process from expert industry speakers as well as have an opportunity to network with speakers and other attendees during the PCI-hosted networking reception. All PCI training is conducted by industry experts in an unbiased and commercial-free manner.
Sherwin Williams SAFETY REQUIREMENTS/VPP Star Site:
* For any attendees that wish to participate in the hands-on application demonstrations, it is mandatory to bring steel tipped safety shoes that are ESD (electrostatic dissipative) and have fully covered legs (ie no shorts, skirts, etc). Lab coats and safety glasses will be provided.
* For any attendees that wish to tour the powder and testing labs, legs must be fully covered and no open shoes are allowed. Safety glasses will be provided.
CLICK HERE to view the agenda. NOTE: Following the workshop on Day 2 there will be a tour available of Sherwin-Williams. If you'd like to attend the tour, please plan your travel to depart after the tour.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Job Shops
- Coating manufacturer and distributor sales representatives
- Quality assurance and control employees
- Coating companies looking to train employees
- Those looking to enter the powder coating industry
- 2 days of instruction and hands-on training by qualified industry experts
- Learn the latest technologies
- Provides education and skills needed for career development
- Experience hands-on training in powder application (manual guns)
- Take home the Powder Coating Finisher's Handbook (a $120 value)
- Powder coating process
- Application, recovery, electrostatic theory
- Powder selection, testing, costing
- Surface preparation
- System design, hanging, environmental
- Ovens, curing, IR boost
- Manual spraying
- Networking reception
PCI Members: $395
Registration fees include Powder Coating Finisher's Handbook, a copy of the presentations in printed booklet, lunch on day one, networking reception and certificate of completion.
Sherwin-Williams/Valspar rates are available at the following hotels which are within walking distance from the workshop location. There is no on-site parking available at Sherwin-Williams so we recommend parking at the hotel & walking. Please call the hotel directly to make a reservation and ask for the Sherwin-Williams/Valspar corporate rate.
Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Downtown
1500 S. Washington Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55454
900 S. Washington Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55415