Capture the Heart and Mind of the Architect
Want to sell to the architectural market? Learn how to communicate with the design team. Architects and designers are
visually oriented and seek detailed information. Load them up with images, information, statistics, facts and
specifications. Incorporate these suggestions in your plans:
- Decide what your marketing objective is - education, awareness, product information, new product introduction,
direct sales, generate inquiries or sales leads.
- What is the one message you want to communicate? Do it simply, consistently and frequently.
- Make sure your website has all the information and links and promote your URL in all marketing.
- Paint a picture. Tell a story. Give the product life. Make the architect experience it. But keep it short. Time
- Visuals, visuals, visuals.
- Show the project, the product. Cite the architect, engineer, contractor, owner, builder, developer.
- Detail your single most important attribute. What makes you different, better, superior to the competition?
- Make it clear what action you want the architect to take - call, write, fax, e-mail, check out your website.
Make Your Product Stand Out in the Architectural Market
Architects and engineers want information about your product. Provide it and they will come. Make sure you give them
what they need and want in your product brochures, advertising, presentations, spec sheets, white papers, direct
mail, at trade shows, in your sales calls and on your website. Typical material to include:
- Your company qualifications and experience, the products and services you offer, results of tests, performance
statistics, various options offered - especially colors, finishes, textures, and how they are designed and
- Product benefits and features, types and sizes, applications, limitations, custom capabilities, competitive
comparisons, how to select the right product for the project.
- Examples of current uses, case studies, testimonials, photographs, cost, life cycle cost, availability, delivery
time, how to order.
- Maintenance requirements, repairs, replacements, code specifics, certifications, warranties, guaranties.
- Tech support, useful life, performance factors, design standards and criteria, preparation and installation
considerations, how to specify.
- Environmental aspects, sustainable buildings, VOC considerations, recycling.
Download or purchase a copy of the MasterFormat 2018 Edition
from the Construction Specifications Institute. This is the standard for specifications-writing in North America.
For details, call 800-689-2900 or click here.
Both the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and
the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) have local
chapters. These are great places to meet friends, colleagues, network and more.
Powder coating qualifies for the U.S.
Green Building Council's LEED Program.
Comparison of Architectural